Terms & Conditions
1. In these conditions:
a) The Lime Centre Limited is called “the Company”.
b) “The customer” means the person, firm or company purchasing goods or services from the Company.
c) “The goods” means the goods to be supplied by the company in accordance with these conditions.
2. These conditions apply to all agreements for the sale of goods by the Company to the customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the customer may purport to apply under any purchase order or in correspondence or elsewhere. The Company shall not be liable to the customer for loss arising from or in connection with any representations made by the Company’s employees or agents except as they appear on the face of this document.
3. No order submitted by the customer will be deemed to be accepted by the Company unless the Company has received full payment. Account customers will be invoiced on or after the sale or delivery of the goods and account customers terms of payment are 30 days net. If the customer fails to make any payment on the due date, the Company shall be entitled to suspend any pending orders and appropriate any payment of any goods or services as they determine.
4. a) The price of the goods (exclusive of VAT which the customer must also pay) shall be the Company’s quoted price as detailed in its current price list.
b) The Company reserves the right, by giving notice to the customer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the goods and services to reflect any increase in the cost to the Company which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Company (such as alterations of transportation services, changes in delivery dates, or significant increase in the costs of labour or materials or other costs of manufacture).
5. All deliveries are carried out by independent haulage contractors on the customer’s behalf. (The customer has the option organise their own collection and delivery). The Company will organise and schedule deliveries where possible to arrive at the customer’s requested drop off point and provide the delivery contractor with all the information provided to the Company by the customer. Normal deliveries are based on next working day (this does not include weekends and public holidays) and requests for deliveries must be made in writing. Unless specifically requested and agreed by the Company in writing, all deliveries will be by heavy goods vehicles (excludes parcel post) with tail lift offload where level hard standing will be required. Whilst the Company will endeavour to arrange deliveries within the stated period of time of ordering, the Company does not guarantee delivery of goods at specific times. The price quoted for delivery at the time of order is fixed, net of VAT and will be clearly shown on our invoice. Where a delivery is attempted and no-one is present to receive the goods, the goods may be taken back to the transport depot and a second additional delivery charge may apply. Any additional costs for redelivery will be the recipient’s responsibility alone.
6. a) Risk of damage to or loss of the goods will pass to the customer on delivery.
b) Title of the goods shall remain vested in the seller and shall not pass to the buyer until the Company has received in cash or cleared funds, payment in full for the goods the subject of this agreement and for all other goods to be sold by the Company to the customer for which payment is then due and all other amounts outstanding and payable by the customer to the Company.
c) Goods must be signed for by the customer or their representative and the signature must be clearly legible on the delivery documentation. On receipt of their invoice for delivery of the goods, the Company will take this to mean that delivery has been successfully affected. The signed delivery documentation is the customer’s proof of delivery (POD).
7. a) Any claim by the customer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or failure to correspond with the general specifications shall be notified in writing to the Company immediately following discovery of the defect and, in any event, no later than 7 days from the date of delivery or receipt of the goods by the customer. If the customer does not notify the Company accordingly, the customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods and shall not be entitled to reject them.
b) Where any valid claim is notified to the Company in accordance with condition 7(a) above, the Company shall be entitled to replace the goods free of charge or at the Company’s sole discretion, refund to the customer the price of the goods (or a proportional part of the price), but the Company shall have no further liability to the customer.
c) Goods not signed for as damaged on the delivery receipt documents are deemed to be acceptable and no credits will be issued. Written notification of damaged goods must be recorded in writing and received by our office within 7 days of delivery, accompanied by a signed delivery line stating the amount of goods damaged and endorsed by the haulage contractor. Goods in transit are covered by the haulage contractors insurance. Materials supplied by The Lime Centre Limited are on the above noted terms. No other terms apply.
d) Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence, the Company shall not be liable for any direct or consequential loss of time arising out of the supply of the goods or their use or resale by the customer, and the entire liability of the Company shall not exceed the price of the goods.
8. a) Returns: Dry powder products of standard stock items can only be returned within a short period of two weeks and must be in new condition which will be decided at our sole discretion. Wet products of standard stock items made with lime putty can be returned within 6 weeks subject to condition, decided at our sole discretion. Items made to order are not returnable. These include pigmented decoration products and coloured renders. The arrangement and cost of return deliveries is the responsibility of the customer. A restocking charge of 15% of the original sales price is applied.