Training Sessions for individuals or small groups
Our training sessions are suitable for architects, contractors and tradesman or for those undertaking lime repairs or refurbishment to an old building. The short sessions and half day course oulined below can also be tailored to meet your requirements.
Please contact The Lime Centre to make a booking or to discuss further.
Short Sessions for individuals or small groups.
Cost: £46 plus VAT per hour for one person, with an additional charge of £23 per person up to 4 people.
Please contact to discuss your requirements or choose from:
- Powerpoint presentation on lime.
- Repointing and dressing brick joints.
- Application of haired plaster onto lath.
Half Day Course
Cost: £94 plus vat per person for 4 people with an additional £40 + vat per person up to 8 people.
Lecture room presentation on Lime, covering:
- A brief history of lime.
- Material Source and types of lime.
- Advantages of lime over cement - why lime?
- Sand and aggregates
- General principles of specifying lime mortars, plasters and renders.
Demonstration and practical training session in covered teaching area:
- Sand & aggregates
- Mixing lime mortars.
- Various plaster and render coats
- Haired lime plaster onto lath
- Repointing and dressing brick joints
- Limewash & decorations
For further information please contact The Lime Centre 01962 713 636